Sunday, September 17, 2006

Technology Disaster

I have some things to write about, but the past few days have been a PC disaster for me. I won't go into details. Suffice it to say, the guy who sold me this laptop (used on ebay) never bothered to clean it up before he sold it. Glenn bought it for me right after my mastectomies, since my baby 3 lb. laptop died during the surgery. Neither one of us had the time or energy to do much with it then, and I kind of let it go.

So I paid the price a year later, with some virus problems and other messes. I'm such a cheapskate that I never stop to think about the real price that I pay when I go for these extreme bargains. In time lost, effort and headaches I spend much more than I would if I'd just bought something new and decent. I'd say 'live and learn,' but the problem is, I never learn! I just keep making those stupid, "incredible" deals year after year.

I have amended my car plan a slight bit. Nothing hugely different, just a plan I stumbled upon while thinking about my unneeded SUV, and how it gets about 15 mpg or less going over Union Pass every day on our way to Riverside.

I'll write more about that today if my poor laptop doesn't crash yet again. Wish me luck!

Felicia :)

Friday Night Stats
-------------------------------------------------
Last night:

+$40 (4/8 Kill HE)
+$30 (2-6 HE)
-$10 (2/5 NLHE)
=+60 Net winnings for Friday, September 16, 2006

(Total saved for new car pre-August 15 $2500. Current total $2065)