Monday, July 05, 2004

Andy Glazer

I am so sad to have to report that Andy Glazer has died.



I have not known Andy personally for very long. Like everyone else, I have read his articles over the last few years, but have only recently gotten to know him.



A couple of weeks ago, Andy interviewed me for an upcoming article in Cardplayer. He was interested in the poker journal community. He asked me quite a few questions about myself. He ran the gamut of my life, from my first hand of poker, to what I am looking for in the future. We talked for at least two hours.



He was very enthusiastic about the article, but stated that it would be several months before it was published in Cardplayer.



We strayed off topic quite a few times. He tried to give me courage by telling me all of the failures he had been through before he made it in the big tourneys. Sadly, he told me that he was just now feeling on top of his game, and that he finally felt he had the ability to hang with the top tournament players. He said his tournament game had never been better.



He also asked me if I wanted to help him and Max with tournament reporting, perhaps in emergency situations or when one of them was still playing in a big event. He knew my love was Stud, so I could be available for some of the HE events that I had no intention of playing in. I know that this is hard work, I have seen how tired he and Max look some days. I told him I would be happy to help them out.



He was so encouraging and upbeat. One of the last things he told me was to "be ready, because this is going to make you BIG!" I laughed, always brushing off attempts at people who want to make me famous.



We had a good conversation, good rapport and I think we might have been friends in the future. I am going to miss that chance to get to know him better sorely.



God Bless you, Andy.