Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Time-Out

I have a small head cold right now, so I don't really feel like writing much, or posting. I've sort of just been surfing around the web in the last couple of days.

One thing that keeps cropping up is the question about why I wrote such glowing reports of the WPPA tournaments, if the whole thing was a disaster. Well, that one is easy to answer.

The answer, of course, is that I wrote about the wonderful things I saw. Jeez, there was some true world-class play at these events. The fields were small, but absolutely top notch (excluding me, lol).

Most of the dealers were fabulous. There were a few rotten apples, but I was completely shocked at the quality dealers we had, unlike the Orleans daily events or the Orleans Open.

Also, since the fields were small and they had extra floormen, the directing was generally very good, competent and handled well.

If you notice, in my reports to Poker Pages, I made sure to keep focusing on the positive things which were happening. I didn't bother to mention the way we were treated by most of the Orleans employees, because that is not really reporting the results of a tourney.

I also never talked about the TV station (Game Show Network), because they didn't show up until the final event, which, naturally, I didn't report.

So there ya go. Please stay tuned and send some aspirin for my aching head!

A-choo!