Monday, November 22, 2004

Back to the Future

I think it's time to give a brief history of my journal, along with a small disclaimer.

I started a journal because I had posted many of my stories on 2+2 and other poker forums and got overwhelmed with e-mail requests. Soon, I was getting requests to send so-and-so this or that story, some people wanted them all, in chronological order. It got to be too much work, so I simply posted them all, in order on Yahoo.

Quite a few readers hated the Yahoo format, and begged me to take the stories elsewhere. Being the witch that I am, I refused. Finally, one reader, Scott, offered to pay for the website and my own domain, if I would post the stories on a "regular" blog-type site versus Yahoo. I agreed, because Scott was such a nice, little begger :)

So this brings us to the present and future, along with my disclaimer.

I don't write for YOU. I am not PC or kind. I have never been called "nice" in my life. I write for myself, and I write what I feel, at any given moment. I don't claim to be sweet or gentle. No one is forcing you to read this journal. No one is bringing you here except your own willingness. If you don't like what I write, if you don't like the way I write it, or think I'm not sweet and kind as you'd like me to be, then don't come. I won't be saddened or hurt. Go find Holly Homemaker's journal and knock yourself out.

I'm not going to change the way I write for any of you. I simply don't care. As one flamer said, I'm self-centered (I had to take his comment off of my page. Not because he said I'm self-centered, but because he used the F-- word).

Remember, when you are reading and/or commenting on my journal, you are doing just that; commenting on MY personal journal. Invading MY personal thoughts. I don't do it to you, and I don't really care what you think about me. Either read it and get whatever you want from it, or don't. If you think you can change me from who I am to some nice, sweet, courteous person, you are wrong. Go blow.