Monday, April 25, 2005

Bloglines

Today is the first day that I really feel like I'm getting a good handle on my recovery. Last week, having those tests for eight hours, then the reaction to the contrast, set me back a long way. I was unable to bounce back, as is usual for me. This one sucked the life right out of me, and it's taken several days to get back to the place I was last Wednesday morning.

Last night I sweated the blogger satellite towards the end. I forgot all about the sat, even though I'd not planned on playing anyway. I wanted to offer my support to all of the players, and at least I was able to be there for the second half.

I finally got around to installing Bloglines and putting in my entire list of favorites. It was some work, but boy, the results are outstanding. I save quite a bit of time each day. Also, I have not been adding new blogs very often, due to having such an overwhelming number to read as it is. So now I've added about 50 new blogs, and I'm very happy to have found them.

Some of the bloggers can really write! Some of them suck, true, but the ones who can write more than make up for the boring, sucky, hand history bloggers.

Another shocker for me was the number of people who have been wishing me well. People I didn't even know existed! I feel like such a slacker for not finding them and thanking them, but I will remedy that shortly. The kindness that has been shown to me in the past month since I found out I have cancer has been astonishing. I have been truly overwhelmed. I'm so glad I decided to stick it out with the blogger community, instead of distancing myself, which was my plan after the get together in December.

The final important information I found out while surfing the blogs is that a lot of people don't have me linked, nor even know that I exist. Or maybe they know that I exist, but don't want to link me because they don't care for my blog, or because I don't have them linked in return. That is fair enough. I admire candor. Naturally, though, I'm going to have to remedy that situation, and link a lot more of the bloggers, while finding out why they don't have me linked. Some of them have some really horrible blogs linked up on their site, while leaving out some of the best blogs (I'm not saying mine is one of the best, btw, I have always thought mine only appealed to a limited group of readers).

So I see that I have a lot of "busy" work to attend to while I'm undergoing chemo. Good. This gives me something to do.

If you want to find out, anonymously, if I think your blog is good, or sucks, or is somewhere in between, feel free to write me or IM me. I'm FZDyer almost everywhere, and my e-mail addy is the same, @yahoo.com.

I have a lot of topics to cover today, and while I'm feeling good (tomorrow I go back to Phoenix to get the drains yanked, so that might set me back a few days in my recovery), I'm going to try to tackle them all. I hope you can benefit from my pathetic ramblings, lol.

Felicia :)