Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thank you, Sir...May I have Another?

Wow, the fog is finally beginning to clear. I thought I was on the downward spiral to hell.

The oncologist has been calling me up about my labs and asking how I'm doing. At least they are keeping on top of things. At this point, I'm praying that my labs won't register, and she'll cancel chemo. Yeah, the choice between death and chemo has been made, I choose death, lol.

Oops, they just called again. Labs are in the toilet, but still on the chart, and high enough for me to get more chemo, if I get another shot of Procrit, the immuno building drug.

She said I have one more chance to get out of it, if my labs fall even further next week. She said sometimes the 2nd week out of chemo, the labs fall farther down. I already feel a little better, so I doubt that is going to happen, but she said in some patients it does. Oy vey.

Okay, so back to the subject: me, which is all I ever talk about ;)

I started kind of coming out of the fog yesterday, and even played some poker. Granted, it was just a fun little $1 O8 tourney on Stars, but still, I was able to do something. I was a little outside of the money, but no bad beat to report, that's just the way it goes.

I also played in the craproll Stud 8 on 24h, which is always fun.

I hope to continue my discussion on Pot-Limit Omaha 8, as I have always been more interested in the theory of poker, the psychology of poker, and studying poker than the actual play of poker itself.

I'm still going ahead with my tourney experiment into PLO8. I just haven't felt well enough to play any as of yet. I wanted to be in an aware frame of mind. I might start today.

I see that Cappelletti is into the same groove, so the trend I talked about is definitely continuing.

As far as those of you who are interested in my research, the response was so overwhelming, I've decided to make it into a post and publish it all here, instead of sending out individual e-mails. Stay tuned for more!

Felicia :)