Friday, December 16, 2005

Going Back on my Word (Again)

One thing I hate about the general public is their utter fickle nature. Most people I know make promises, and break them, with nary the blink of an eyelash.

Just the other day I was reading about a Hollywood pre-nup that included the wife not being allowed to be over 120 lbs. That was the basis for divorce??? Good gawd. Whatever happened to "love, cherish unto death?"

Anyway, I have always hated to say something, then go back on it. If I say that I'm never paying for another Tom Cruise film because he is a messed up wacko, you can usually take that statement to the bank.

Lately, however, I've been making and breaking promises like the rest of our screwed up countrymen.

And here I am, about to break another one.

Glenn did a horrible, monstrous thing by bringing home some recent issues of Card Player.

I had gotten out of the pro tourney circuit. I haven't played a tourney since I said I was quitting. I don't even think I've played any for fun (freerolls or $1 Stars tourneys), although I may have played a few here and there just for kicks.

So today, when I went to take my 12,392 pee of the day (diabetes sucks), I picked up CP.

And here is where I got a shocker.

Tunica is going to spread a HORSE tourney. 3k buy-in, excellent structure, 5k in starting chips, almost no juice ($100 in 2006 seems almost paltry).

The Grand also has some good looking Stud and Omaha tourneys.

My head feels much clearer than last week. In fact, I think some of the memory problems I had were exacerbated by being on a ship (productivity is said to decrease by about 90% working on a ship, on the sea. My cold is almost gone, and I feel so much more in control of my game. Of course, I won't know just how much of a recovery I've made until I try out my live, mixed games at Wynn again (Vegas here we come?).

Glenn may get to deal in Tunica (by recommendation of Jan).

A chalet-style hotel has a full kitchen, fireplace and allows dogs. It only costs $400 per week.

This may end up to be a total freeroll.

I'm a hypocrite.

Felicia :)