Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Comments

I had to cut a comment from this site. I don't usually cut comments, I let people flame me if they want, even though it's ridiculous.

The reason I might cut a comment here or there is because I feel that particular comment will spark a lot of comments, perhaps even a flame war. This isn't a poker discussion group, it's my own journal. So if you want to flame me, pick me apart, please start your war on a forum. There are tons to choose from, be my guest.

I said at the beginning of my group of tales that some people would accuse me of exaggerating. That is already starting. I'm used to the "bury your head in the sand" people. They are all over the place. As far as lying goes, why would I? It would be easy to prove if I were lying. There are lots of people who were there, a ton of witnesses. I wouldn't publish something I knew to be a lie, if it were so easy to follow up on.

Making up e-mails is just hilariously absurd. The reason I kept "Joe-Pro" private is not because he asked me to, but because I knew that it was the content of his e-mails that was important, not his name. I don't want to be known as a person who goes around dropping names. In addition, if I were going to make up a "character," I would definitely have said that he's won several WSOP bracelets, and has won millions this year in tourneys. I would try to give my LIE more credibility, lol.

As many of you have probably noticed, the "big scoop" is not just one post, it is many, and has been going on and on since my first post on the issue. Not only is it interspersed in all of my posts, but each post also has it's own story to tell. If you think I haven't begun yet, you aren't really reading my journal.

Although I welcome and value constructive comments, some people would rather just hide, anonymously in the web of the net and flame away. I truly feel sorry for these people. Far from hating them, I think they need help and I shudder to think of the state of their lives. The Internet can be used for both good and bad. I have chosen to use it for a good purpose. Too bad not everyone is in that state of mind.