Monday, June 13, 2005

Disjointed

My thoughts are running astray and are disjointed.

Most of it has to do with my lack of sleep. I can't sleep well these days. The pills the doctor gave me are horrible and don't help. I guess I should try something else. I'm not sure anything would help besides something that truly knocked me completely out, and besides Ambien, which I'm scared of, I don't think there is anything like that available.

Charlie seemed to be doing so well two weeks ago. He was on a new clinical trial for metastasized cancer. I'll go into more of what that trial was about in my cancer journal.

Unfortunately, although the trial may have been working wonders, the tumors started pressing up against his heart and making it hard to breathe and even sit up comfortably.

Charlie is now in Vanderbilt and it doesn't look good.

Charlie is a poker player and loves Marcel Luske. So yesterday Pauly got Marcel on the phone to Charlie. It made his day, his week, I'm sure.

Since I haven't had an original thought in 20 years and could never have come up with this on my own, I decided to steal the idea, and get some of Charlie's other favorite players to call him. I'm still at home right now, but I figured I could get Hank to find Lederer or Ivey for me, since he works for FTP. He got Lederer to call Charlie. I don't know the outcome of that conversation, but I'm sure it was awesome.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Rio with a new mission. I'm going to get as many pros as possible to call him, if he makes it overnight.

You'd better watch out, if you're at the Rio right now, planning on being there tomorrow, and you are a big name. I'm coming after you. You'll give this kid five minutes of your time or you'll have hell to pay. If you're reading this and don't want to donate five minutes of your time, and you're a big name, you'd better run! LOL ;) I know you're all willing to do it.

So please forgive me if my posts sound crazy. I'm crazy anyway. And the upcoming chemo mixed with the lack of sleep, mixed with thinking about Charlie is making me even crazier. I'm sure you understand.

Felicia :)