Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thank You, Sir. May I Have Another?

I continue to run well in Omaha. It doesn't seem to matter if I simply sit for five minutes at an online table, play live, switch from PLO8 to PLO for a juicy game, the stakes I play or anything else under the sun. I'm just running good, which is a whole lot better than running bad, lol.

At Commerce, I saw a guy only willing to go three bets with the ace high flush in LO8. Most of the table berated him, because although there was a straight flush possible, the players were extremely live and would call down with second, third and fourth nut hands (both low and high, but especially low).

I never berate anyone when I play poker. It's much more than refusal to tap the glass. Anyone who has read this journal from it's beginning know those reasons. If you haven't started at the beginning, and don't know much about me, well, that is your loss, I suppose, lol. Seriously, I'm not sure why anyone reads this trainwreck, but c'est la vie.

After the hand was shown down, and the berating began, I commiserated with the winner, saying that I don't always keep raising heads-up with the ace high flush when there is a straight flush onboard either. I didn't tell him this, but most of the time I do.

In the not so distant past, I was running extremely bad in O8 and a funny (not then, but looking back) quirk happened.

I had the ace high flush in an online LO8 game. I kept raising, although we weren't allowed unlimited raises on the river, although it was HU. I think we put in our four bets and that was that. He scooped me with the nut low and the straight flush. No biggie, next hand please.

And next hand it was...haha! I once again had the ace high flush, someone once again had the straight flush. Yes, two hands in a row at the same table.

Now, does that make me look for MUBS? No. Although a straight flush is much easier to get in O8 than in other games, I typically keep raising. Too many times I have half or more of the pot. Too many times some dumb tamarind keeps raising with a bare nut low. I rarely get quartered with the nut low and the ace high flush. While those two back-to-back hands stand out in my mind, I will not let such an odd occurrence hinder good play on the river.

Felicia :)