Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Max Pescatori, WSOP Bracelet #1

Max got his gold, at last. It has been long in coming. I knew back in 2004 that he was going to the top.

Looking at his final table hand histories, I just can't even believe the deficit he overcame in order to win this thing! Yes, sure, we all have to get lucky at the right times, but boy-oh-boy, did he rock the house when it got down to four handed.

I am the worst friend ever, and for the first time am so embarrassed about not bringing our laptop to Vegas and/or having a cell phone. Max had no way of reaching me in order to tell me that he first made the money, then made the final table, then won the thing. I didn't find out until this morning when we returned from Vegas and I opened the e-mail from him. I am really ashamed. Max has always been there for me 100% of the time, and this time I wasn't there for him. I was wrapped up in my own tourneys at Orleans and didn't even bother to find out what was going on at Rio.

At any rate, you have a new WSOP champion and world class human being!

Max Pescatori

Felicia :)