Saturday, June 18, 2005

Marcel Luske

From the moment I entered Rio on Tuesday, Marcel was seeking me out. I originally found him first, wanting to thank him for calling Charlie and making his week.

Marcel started begging me for updates. Marcel wanted to know if there was anything more he could do. Could Charlie's life possibly be saved? Could he send Charlie anything? Could he do anything at all to make things easier?

Marcel told Pauly and me that he'd recently lost a loved one to cancer himself, due to asbestos.

Marcel asked for Charlie's hospital and home number again, so he could keep calling him.

Marcel even talked about Charlie in a CardPlayer interview, although he mistakenly said "surgery" instead of "cancer." Not bad for someone whose first language is Dutch.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_videos/?tournament=93
(Click on "Marcel Luske Gets Personal")

...More Heros to Come!