Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hookers and Vegas (Part One)

Okay, so here are some more happenings after Glenn won the 10k seat on Saturday night, and we drove up to Vegas on Sunday morning.

I think we rolled into the Wynn at about noon. I looked around for the mixed game, but there was only an interest list. I am batting about 0:829 with informal, 2+2 get-togethers. Mostly they are younger, newer guys, aged 21-26, who think some old broad is going to ruin their good time, donking it up at Wynn and trying to pick up hookers.

The more formal get-togethers are a shoo-in. They can't duck me ;)

Since we had about six hours before the moderator dinners at Mirage, we decided to play a little bit at Wynn. I sat in the O8 game, Glenn got into a couple of LHE games. It was kind of dead and we only ended up staying an hour or so.

We headed over to Bellagio after Glenn called up and found out there was a Stud game going and three names on the list. By the time we made it to the room, I was fifth on the list. Although we got up to six, none of the old dudes would play "short handed," lol.

While sitting around, I talked some with my friend Jean Gaspard, and went through some scenarios about how to fix the dilemma with the WSOP seat. I also talked to Mr. Subliminal, and we joked around about bloggers taking things so seriously that they really thought he was living in a shelter, and totally believed he lost $439,922.18. Right down to the pennies. We tried to come up with some shtick about how we left Bellagio together and had sex in his cardboard box, or in the shelter, or something.

We finally got the Stud game going, and I started off doing pretty well. I did lose with unimproved queens one hand, when my opponent made a second pair (eight & deuces), but then I won a huge pot with rolled aces.

Some players get so unlucky with rolled hands. I hear lots of stories, and Glenn has showed me so many hands online where he lost being rolled up.

I am extremely fortunate that I almost never lose with a rolled up hand. This helps me in two ways. First off, I never get a case of the MUBS, so I continually pound rolled up hands when I have many opponents drawing against me. I definitely make the most of my rolled up hands which win. Pots are typically big, because I don't chicken out when I see a four-flush against me. I just know I'm going to fill and that is that ;)

At any rate, on this hand I was extremely fortunate because the opponent next to me had the case ace as his doorcard. So I had the advantage of disbelief working for me. Also, I had been raising quite a bit with high doorcards and stealing many pots. I was involved in almost 50% of the hands thus far. We had started out a little shorthanded, plus I found myself with a lot of royal doorcards in last position when no one had opened. So between legitimate hands and stealing hands, I was in tons of pots. My opponents probably saw me as a young, cocky, WPT female wannabe who was running over the table. Although I am almost 40, to the elderly Stud players, I probably look the same age as the 20-somethings!

Okay, so I had two unbelieving opponents when I was rolled up. And I just kept pounding. One guy made his flush on sixth, but the pot was so huge that I just kept right on going.

On fourth, he tried to play the semi-bluff "raise a scary board for a free card next round" trick, but I simply kept raising him. I believe he had a jack doorcard, then caught the ten of the same suit on fourth. I saw him look down at his board, look at my board, look down again. I could almost read his mind, thinking that he had such a tough looking board, that maybe he could fool me into thinking he had a straight flush draw. Welp, all I can say is, a four card hand is not a made poker hand, so until you shove that straight flush up my azz, I'm going to keep raising!

Luckily, there was a victim caught in the middle of all of this, who kept passively overcalling everything. I'd make it one, he'd cold call, JTs guy would make it two, I'd make it three, passive guy would overcall.

Passive guy overcalled all the way to the river, then folded for one more bet! Oy, maybe Stud isn't dead after all!

Almost an $800 pot. Nice.

The game went a little dead after that, and Glenn and I decided to leave. He wasn't very happy in his game, either, and said all of the live ones went bust and took a hike.

We met at the cashiers. Glenn told the guy to give me the money. The guy asked me, "Wow, who are you to get all of the money he brings up?"

I said, "Isn't it obvious? I'm a hooker! Of course, I'm the ugliest hooker Bellagio has ever seen, but oh, well, he paid for it!"

That got everyone laughing, and one guy said, "Sadly enough, you're NOT the ugliest hooker I've seen here!"

And so, we departed for Mirage, where I had the 2+2 dinner of a lifetime.

More to come...

Felicia :)