Saturday, December 31, 2005

Up and Coming in 2006

Okay, on my other, more personal journal, I have made lists and resolutions for things upcoming in 2006. I am a person who takes to-do lists very seriously. Heck, I take most things very seriously, which is why I'm universally hated ;)

I hate reading lists on other poker blogs. I am the first to admit that they drive me nuts, especially when the person making said list never carries it out. In my case I use lists because I know I'll never finish some posts if I don't publicly state that I'm going to write about a certain topic. Even making myself accountable doesn't necessarily mean I'll write what I promised. It is a combination of me being extremely lazy, and being sick.

Chemo was the worst thing I've ever been through in my life. I remember right before I started. I was at the series, and Steve Zolotow begged me to reconsider. I should have listened. Although I'm making a comeback now, I don't feel that prophylactic chemo was right for me, nor do I feel any more protected or safe. Instead I feel that it poisoned me, and that I might never be exactly the same person again.

Okay, so where am I getting? Well, on the LJ blog, I said I was going to streamline my journals. No more Yahoo group (although I love it, it is taking up too much time). No more Wrangled Writings, because I'm making the LJ into my more personal blog, and this one poker-only again.

Yes, a dozen or two of you (who are left) are cheering. Thank you, now send money, LOL!

I hope you like the new template. I've been on Blogger since late 2003, and never once changed the look. I'm like that, I should have been a man. I never think of "decorating" or all of that foo-foo stuff. Good art is a Walmart calendar, in my house.

Once everything is switched over and condensed, I plan to write about some very important topics.

One of them is a situation that occurred recently involving photos. Oddly enough, I have/had nothing to do with this travesty. Usually it is me deeply embroiled into controversy. This time I'm an outsider, but probably more angry because of it, haha.

The second thing I plan to do is release my Best of, Worst of 2005 list, publicly (I have been releasing it in sections over on LJ). I want to wait until we are leaving for Tunica next week, so that I will miss all of the flames and threats, lol. Last year that very list drove my writing underground. Why I wanted to do it again this year is beyond me, but just let me premise once again that it is all in good fun, and I don't mean any harm (although what I say it truly my opinion, if that means anything). Believe me, if I really hated you, I most likely wouldn't even bring up your blog, much less give you any award (best or worst of, either way). Please send all hate mail here.

Another post I plan to write is about a theory of mine regarding Stud games versus other games. There are three general "types" of poker games: Flop Games/Hold'em (Texas HE, Omaha, Pineapple), Closed Handed Games (Draw, Lowball, TDL) and Open Handed/Stud Games (Seven-Card Stud, Stud 8, Razz, Five-Card Stud, London Lowball). I am excited about a theory I have. As I have said many times, I am more interested in theory than the actual play of poker.

To end the year of 2005, I received a gift on Wednesday night (rural mail is running extremely late during the holidays).

Charlie's Mom, Karen sent me a box. Inside the box was a large card with Charlie's photo on the front. Karen wrote me a personal letter within the card, very moving. She sewed me a poker pillow case which had a message on it for me. She also included Charlie's favorite ball cap. He had it made for himself, and it says FUCK CANCER!

I don't normally curse, but if I did, this is what I would say every time!

I am not a weeper, although this wonderful gift left me closer to weeping than I have in years. Thanks, Karen! God bless you, Charlie, and thank you for unintentionally teaching me so many things by example. You made heroes out of a lot of people with your stoicism and quiet strength. RIP.

Felicia :)